If your harness' buckle tongue is facing the wrong way, this is most likely due to the strap having been twisted somewhere along the way, as the buckle tongue itself is unable to pivot on the strap.
Unthread the harness straps:
- Disconnect the straps from the Metal Harness Plate.
- Once disconnected from the Metal Harness Plate, let the Plate hang out of the way over the back of the seat base.
- Pull the loose straps from the front of the seat until completely unthreaded.
Re-thread the harness straps:
- Ensuring the straps are straight and untwisted, feed them back through the appropriate Harness Slots (AT or BELOW shoulders for rear-facing, AT or ABOVE shoulders for front-facing).
- Re-attach straps to the Metal Harness Plate, again making sure they are untwisted.
NOTE: If buckle tongues are now facing the correct way, please disregard Steps 3-7
Locate the anchor plates which secure the bottom of the straps at the back of the seat.
Pull the anchor plates away from the body of the seat to give yourself more slack to work with.
Fold the strap in a U shape within the slot on the seat shell and continue to fold it until the anchor plate turns 180°.
Ensure that the buckle tongues are once again facing the correct way.