Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your seat's date of manufacture and serial number to order a replacement five-point harness.
How to replace your Five-point Harness
- While lifting up on Harness Adjuster Tab, pull out on Shoulder Harness Straps.
Unthread the harness straps:
- Disconnect the straps from the Metal Harness Plate.
- Once disconnected from the Metal Harness Plate, let the Plate hang out of the way over the back of the seat base.
- Pull the loose straps from the front of the seat until completely unthread
Locate the anchor plates which secure the bottom of the straps at the back of the seat.
Pull the anchor plates away from the body of the seat and cut each strap with scissors, then remove the straps completely.
With the old straps removed, take each replacement strap and feed the anchor plate through the slots in the seat shell where the child's hips would be located.
It may require some force and twisting to slide these anchor plate through the slot. If experiencing difficulties, folding the strap against the anchor plate as shown below can help.
Re-thread the harness straps:
- Ensuring the straps are straight and untwisted, feed them back through the appropriate Harness Slots (AT or BELOW shoulders for rear-facing, AT or ABOVE shoulders for front-facing).
- Re-attach straps to the Metal Harness Plate, again making sure they are untwisted.
Re-seat the anchor plates in place ensuring they fit snugly back into their grooves.
Please ensure they are not getting snagged on any piece of the seat frame or shell.