Please contact us at email@example.com with a photo of the lock-offs and your seat's date of manufacture and serial number to order replacement rear-facing lock-offs.
Please note that you can still use your seat until you receive the new parts.
Follow the below instructions to install your seat rear-facing until your replacement lock-offs arrive:
- Remove the broken lock-off as shown in the video below
- Continue to use the other lock-off for vehicle belt or LATCH/UAS belt installations.
- For seat belt installation we recommend leaving the retractor in emergency (ELR) mode.
If you have the older style lock-offs, we will send you the updated replacement rear-facing lock-offs.
To use your seat until you receive the new parts, note the following with regard to your current rear-facing lock-offs:
- If you are installing using the LATCH/UAS belt, you do not use the lock-offs.
- If you are installing using a vehicle seat belt that has an automatic locking retractor (ALR) system, you may bypass the lock-offs altogether.
- If you are installing with a vehicle seat belt which does not have an ALR system then you do need to use the lock-off, but we only recommend using one set.
- To check if your vehicle is equipped with an ALR system, pull the seat belt all the way out from the shoulder retractor. Slowly release the belt back into the retractor, and if it locks when you attempt to pull again, then the ALR has been engaged.
To install your new lock-offs
Article is closed for comments.